Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I find it interesting how some music will put a certain kind of feeling into a person that they just have to run with. I always leave on my Itunes on random, I'm not much for listening to one band or artist at one given time and like the variety. But while I was listening to random, it just gave me music that I was just...plainly not in the mood for. I finally settled on a band that I heard many years ago, Waking Ashland. Now, as one song started, I realized that it gave me a little drive. I began to look at things as if I needed to be doing something. I started going through my desk and found my past. A past which I kept documented in one way or another. Journal writings, poems, and drawings both by me and my ex. The music gave me a drive to face my past and even embrace it. But the best thing it gave to me was the will and want to draw again and to paint...basically the music inspired me to do more than I have settled for.

No comments:

Post a Comment